General practice is under a huge amount of pressure at this time, you can find the answers to all common vaccine queries here. General practice is unable to address vaccine queries at this time, because of the volume of queries being received.
When will I get my vaccination?
The vaccination programme is being rolled out in a phased way, using age and clinical vulnerability as the main criteria for who is offered vaccinations.
To find out if you are eligible for a vaccination based on your age, visit the JUCD website.
- If you are eligible by age, you can book using the National Booking System.
The Government’s Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has set out guidance on which groups should be offered vaccinations as a priority based on their clinical vulnerability. The main groups are:
- People who are “extremely clinically vulnerable”
- People who are “at risk” of becoming seriously ill from Covid-19.
- You can read the official list of “at risk” conditions here.
- This includes unpaid carers.
- GP practices are approaching “at risk” people and offering appointments, so please be patient if you haven’t been contacted yet.
When will I get my SECOND vaccination?
All patients having been given their first vaccine WILL be contacted by SMS Message or Phone to arrange their second vaccine. The second vaccine will be given at an interval of 11-12 weeks from the date of the first vaccine.
Please contact us if 11 weeks has expired since your first vaccine and you have not heard from us.
What this means for you
If you are eligible by BOTH age and because you are ‘at risk’, but not yet been offered an appointment at a GP-led site, you may choose to book an appointment using the National Booking System.